Yates and Life Ed are encouraging young people to get gardening and learn healthy habits.
- Number of grants available: 10
- Individual grant value: $1,000.00 funding contribution
- x1 additional $1,000 funding contribution for “Double Your Grant”
Applications open – Thursday 8th June (9:00am AEST)
Applications close – Friday 15 July (12am AEST)
Assessment of applications – Tuesday 19 July – 8 August
Successful groups contacted – w/c Monday 8 August
Winners announced on social media – Thursday 11 August
Funds paid to successful groups – w/c 15 August
Winners progress report due – Friday 25 November
Winners final report due – Friday 31 March
- Any school (primary, secondary or pre-school), kindergarten, childcare centre, or youth/community group (e.g., Scouts, sports clubs etc.) seeking to educate young Australians about gardening and healthy living can apply.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be chosen based on the following criteria, at the absolute discretion of Life Ed and Yates:
- Quality and well thought out designs
- Plans that encourage a passion for growing and promoting healthy lifestyle choices
- Level of hands-on student involvement in the project
- Level of involvement of the broader school community or local community
- Feasible and technically sound project activities
- Realistic and detailed project budget
- Integration into the school curriculum or youth/community group program to maximise healthy lifestyle choices
- Applicants are encouraged to visit yates.com.au for information and inspiration
- To be eligible to be selected for “Double Your Grant”, a list of Yates® products must be included in the application and shown in the progress report. The winner will be selected from this category based on the overall quality of the application.
What items are not funded by the Yates & Life Ed Grants?
- Consultancy fees
- Wages, administration and labour costs
- Airfares and other travel costs
- Delivery and postage costs
- Water tanks or irrigation equipment totalling more than 50% of funding sought
- Paving, concreting, fencing or seating materials totalling more than 50% of funding sought
- Chicken coop or garden shed materials totalling more than 50% of funding sought
- Synthetic grass and flowers
- Cooking equipment
How to apply
To apply for the Yates® & Life Ed’s Growing Good Gardens Grant 2022, groups can complete the application form on the Life Education’s website – https://lifeed.org.au/forms/growing-good-gardens-grant-2022/
Conditions of receiving a grant
All funding for the Yates® & Life Ed’s Growing Good Gardens Grants 2022 will be provided in the form of electronic bank transfer payment.
Successful applicants must:
- Accept and agree to comply with the terms and conditions set out in grant application form.
- Conduct the project according to the activities and budget for which the funding was approved and received.
- Spend any grant funds awarded on the project budget items within 12 months of receiving funds even if the project may be ongoing.
- Provide a progress report (a short summary on the ‘Activities undertaken’ so far and photographs of the project) by Friday, 25th November 2022.
- Provide a final report on outcomes of the project, including photographs and how funds were spent by Friday 31st March 2023.
- Permit Life Ed and Yates to use project reports and photos for promotional purposes across their websites, social media etc. and provide or obtain any confirmations of copyright and consent required to enable this use.
- Obtain permission from the parents / guardians of the group before submitting photographs of children for use by Life Ed and Yates.
- Read, understand and accept the privacy notice and consent in the grant application and the Life Ed and Yates privacy policies available at https://lifeed.org.au/growing-good-gardens-grants-privacy-notice-and-consent/ for Life Ed and www.duluxgroup.com.au/privacy-policy, respectively, and agree to be bound by them.
- Provide the information required for payment to be made by electronic transfer.
- Breach of the terms of the grant may result in the funds being requested to be returned to fund another school or community group.
If you have any questions about the Yates® & Life Ed’s Growing Good Gardens Grants Program 2022, please email firstname.lastname@example.org