Managing online relationships
In a growing digital world, the list of required skills is seemingly endless. To help manage this effectively as parents, let's focus on two elements; respect and empathy.
As parents, it is our job to monitor and guide our children. In doing this if we ensure they are always respectful and behave as if the people on the “other side of the screen” are real people too, they’ll make better and safer decisions.
Responding to unsafe relationships
Helping children to set personal boundaries and what to do if they are breached
bCyberwise – Years 3-5
- How to recognise, react and report unwanted contact, bullying or predatory behaviours.
- Keeping personal information safe online.
- Responsible and respectful behaviour when using communication technology.
- Skills for building positive relationships with friends.
- Exploring the role of bystanders.