during a Life Ed visit?
You may have heard that Life Ed or Healthy Harold is visiting your child’s preschool or primary school.
So, what can you expect?
Life Ed has been trusted to deliver education to over 7 million children and young people since 1979. You yourself may be a Healthy Harold graduate. Life Ed offers schools a unique, curriculum-based program empowering children to make safer and healthier choices through education.
Life Ed is a 60-90 minute interactive lesson delivered by specialist educators. The face to face lesson is also accompanied by a range of pre and post visit lessons to help extend and reinforce the learning. The face to face lessons may be delivered in a mobile learning centre; a pop-up classroom, in your child’s classroom and also virtually. We follow Covid safe practices and all Life Ed employees are required to have a Working With Children Check.
The lessons cover a range of topics across the three core areas of physical health, safety and social and emotional wellbeing. We have developed the lessons specifically to be unique, memorable and interactive experiences.
There are 3 preschool modules and 12 primary modules Life Ed delivers, covering popular topics such as:
- How nutrition and physical activity contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
- Online safety education including strategies for recognising, reacting and reporting predatory or unsafe situations.
- Strategies to deal with bullying and cyberbullying.
- Resilience, self-awareness, self-management and social awareness.
- Respectful relationships and consent.
- Decisions, peer pressure, responsibility and consequences.
- Alcohol and other drug education (in age appropriate contexts).
- Ways to keep safe at home, school and in the community.
Visit our module overview page to find out more and our Family Resources page to search for more information on the topics covered in your child’s Life Ed visit. Our family resources are free and support families in helping their children and young people to thrive.