Life Ed Thrive Children's Fund
kids the chance they deserve
Help us to ensure every child can thrive.
Since 1979, Life Ed has proudly reached millions of Australian kids, empowering them to make safer and healthier choices through education. Life Ed’s vision is that all Australians live to their full potential. However, as a not-for profit organisation; our impact is limited by funding.
Almost all of our delivery into the thousands of schools throughout the country is unfunded. This means schools in most cases rely on parents to pay for a visit from Life Ed. This means Life Ed doesn’t reach many remote and vulnerable communities. These are often the communities that need us most. These are often the communities in Australia where teaching children life-skills can help break the cycle when it comes to chronic disease; mental illness and substance abuse.
- $25 can help deliver Life Ed to one child and ensure a happier and healthier future.
- $75 can help deliver Life Ed to three children and ensure a happier and healthier future.
- $150 can help with virtual delivery of Life Ed to a classroom (in selected states).
- $500 can help deliver Life Ed face to face to a classroom.
Your generous donation directly funds our ability to help young Australians live to their full potential.
- More than 1 in 6 (16.2%) children and adolescents aged 4-17 in rural areas have mental health problems. This is closer to 1 in 5 (19%) in outer regional areas. (Royal Far West, 2017)
- Overweight and obesity rates are higher in children and young people living in outer regional and remote areas (27%) compared with those in cities (23%), and higher still for children in the lowest socioeconomic areas (28%). (AIHW, 2020)
- Children growing up in rural and remote areas are more likely to experience trauma or adversity. This could include natural disasters, financial hardship, isolation, bullying, and domestic violence. (Trauma and Grief Network)
- Children in rural and remote areas also have less access to health services and early childhood education. (Royal Far West, 2017)
We are open to expressions of interest to partner with the Life Ed Childrens Thrive Fund.
If you would like to become a partner with the Life Ed Childrens Thrive Fund and help ensure Life Ed can reach the children who need it most - please indicate your interest below and we will contact you.