Sugar free honey bunny biscuits
Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022
They can can take any shape your children desire but cut into the shape of bunnies, these biscuits are a great alternative to chocolate at Easter.
Read our 4 tips for a healthier Easter.
- 250g butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter and honey until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and salt until combined.
- Split mix into two, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for thirty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove first portion of dough from fridge and roll out on a floured surface to under a cm.
- Cut dough into bunny shapes with cookie cutters (works equally well in other shapes)
- Arrange biscuits on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. They won’t rise very much, so they can be placed close together on the sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
- Cool biscuits on a cooling rack.
- Roll out, cut, and repeat with the second half of the dough.
This dough can be frozen for later use (up to 3 months). Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and thaw 1-2 hrs before using.