Protein rich Sandwich Filling Inspo
Protein can be one of the hardest things to pack into lunchboxes, but it’s one of the most important for our children’s growth and development.
Packing protein in your child’s lunchbox gives them longer lasting energy and keep them full for longer.
Let’s fuel your child’s day with these protein-packed sandwich fillers:
- Banana, ricotta and honey
- Mashed egg and mayonnaise with a handful of grated cheddar
- Ham, Swiss cheese and pickles – an oldie but a goodie
- Cream cheese, tuna, cucumber and carrot
- Tzatziki, leftover roast meat and salad
- Cream cheese, cranberry sauce, cucumber, lettuce and turkey
- Try spreading sandwiches with cream cheese in place of margarine or mayonnaise
- Roast beef, coleslaw and cheddar cheese
- Ricotta mashed with sultanas, grated carrots and cinnamon
- Chopped chicken mixed with light sour cream, celery, spring onion and sandwiched with cucumber
- Pesto mixed with cream cheese and topped with chicken or ham, and finely chopped capsicum
- Jazz up the usual salad sandwich by making rainbow rolls. Cut the top off a bread roll and hollow out, line with a slice of ham before layering with you favourite salad ingredients and grated cheddar, replace the top and wrap up for the lunchbox
- Make your usual cheese sandwich a little more fun by using cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes
- Try using different types of cheese in sandwiches, Swiss-style, mozzarella, ricotta and cream cheese are really delicious alternatives to the usual cheddar slices.
Check out more information from our friends at Dairy Australia.