Create a healthy eating poster
It's common knowledge, a balanced diet is essential for good health. Knowing this, it's critical that our children understand this too.
Use this activity to engage your children in discussions about the 5 key food groups and how they can make healthy choices around food.
What you’ll need –
- Healthy eating poster template
- Magazines, newspapers and/or a printer
- Coloured pencils
- Scissors and glue
Step 1: Download the poster template.
Step 2: Discuss the five food groups; grains, vegetables, fruit, dairy and lean meats.
Step 3: Children cut and paste, draw or take photos of foods in each group.
Step 4: Display your healthy eating poster proudly.
Questions to help guide discussions –
- Which food included would you like to eat most today?
- Are there any foods here you’d like try?
- How could we include more fruit and vegetables in our diet?