Growing Gardens Grants, 2019 winners
After receiving 987 entries from schools and community groups across Australia, we are proud to announce the winners of the 2019 Growing Good Gardens Grants program alongside our partners, Yates® Gardening.
Picking the final winners was not an easy task; the number of applications increased by 30% overall and we were very excited by their plans to encourage healthy habits. Whether it was a kitchen garden, garden to plate garden, or a grazing garden that focused on healthy ‘fast’ food in a sustainable way. Each of the winners will receive $1,000 to help transform their garden dream into a reality.
- Payne Road State School, QLD
Zootastic ‘Garden to plate’ garden
- Mareeba State School, QLD
Grow with us Year 1 Community Garden
- Naracoorte Primary School, SA
- North Mandurah Primary School, NSW
- Albury High School, NSW
Micro Permaculture Garden
- Birralee Kindergarten and Community Pre-School, QLD
Birralee’s Little Growers Garden
- Mansfield Kindergarten. VIC
Mr McGregor’s Garden
- Cowes Primary School, VIC
Kid’s Grazing Garden
- Foster Primary School, VIC
Foster Primary Kitchen Garden
- Our lady of the Assumption Catholic Primary School, NSW
Up In The Clouds Kitchen Garden
Winners were selected according to the grant guidelines and criteria. Thank you to all those who made an application. Register your interest for next year’s program today.