MPs help Healthy Harold reach great heights
All across NSW local communities are empowering children to strive for healthy futures with Life Ed. Life Ed currently has more than 100 State and Federal MP ambassadors who help us to support our program in their local area.
In October, Life Ed NSW welcomed nine more ambassadors to the fold at an event at Parliament House, Sydney, hosted by our Chairman The Hon Alan Cadman OAM and Speaker the Hon Jonathan O’Dea.
Healthy Harold with Life Ed NSW CEO Jono Peatfield, Sarah Mitchell, Janelle Saffin and Trish Marinozzi
More than 40 members of Parliament joined us to meet our new CEO Jonathon Peatfield and be updated on new developments at Life Ed NSW.
Many of our MP Ambassadors are also graduates of the Life Ed program, including Minister for Education and Early Childhood, Sarah Mitchell and Member for Baulkham Hills and NSW Minister for Police and Emergency Services, David Elliott.
Healthy Harold with Life Ed NSW Chair, Alan Cadman, Justin Clancy, David Elliott and Robyn Preston
Mr Elliott, speaking at the event, has fond memories of his visit from Healthy Harold: “I was nine years old when I met Healthy Harold when he came to Picnic Point Public School. I remember how the whole concept of Healthy Harold captured the imagination of the young people,” Mr Elliot said.
Welcome to our new MP Ambassadors:
- Robyn Preston Member for Hawkesbury
- Peter Sidgreaves Member for Camden
- Gurmesh Singh Member for Coffs Harbour
- Wendy Tuckerman Member for Goulburn
- Wendy Lindsay Member for East Hills
- Joe McGirr Member for Wagga Wagga
- Marjorie O’Neill Member for Coogee
- Janelle Saffin Member for Lismore
- Justin Clancy Member for Albury
- Lynda Voltz Member for Auburn